Download and Install any Playstore App on Amazon Fire TV stick- Best and Easy Method
Its been a long time that the Amazon Fire TV Stick has launched in India and it captured the market really well with the affordable price tag. It offers so many features like online media streaming, browsing, screen mirroring and simple gaming.
But the major drawback of the firestick is the eco system. As its developed by Amazon, the firestick comes with amazon app store and many of the google play store apps are either not available or not supported. The best way to overcome this, is by sideloading the apps on the firestick.
If you look on the internet you will find several methods to download and install the apps on the Firestick. Most of them involve typing a specific website link into the browser and saving it. It involves a lot of typing with the remote and any mistake in the link address will result in redoing the work. But this method is the best and easy one of all.
Step wise procedure:
1. Install the app named Easy Fire Tools on your mobile phone from the playstore.
2. Now open the Fire TV stick and go to settings < Device < Developer Options.
3. Toggle the ADB Debugging and Apps from Unknown sources to ON. (This is important to sideload any app)
4. Install ES file Explorer on the Firestick.
5. Open the Easy Fire Tools app on the phone and click on the search network on the top. (The firestick and the phone needs to be on the same Wifi network for this to work)
6. Once the Easy Fire Tools app detects the Firestick, press the connect icon on the top right corner. The icon turns from white to green.
7. Now your phone and the Firestick are connected.
8. Now download the apk of the app you are interested in installing, directly to your phone’s storage. (Be sure that when you search for the apk, type “(Insert your App Name) apk for android tv” for compatability.
9. Go to file manager tab in the Easy Fire tools app.
10. Keep the left side option the top as Push and change the target on right top corner to Downloads as its easier to browse with the ES File manager.
11. Select the apk or file you want to transfer and it automatically gets copied to the target folder.
12. Final Step- Open the ES File Explorer on your fire stick and browse to the target folder. Install the apk.
1. If you want to directly install the apk on the firestick instead of copying it, then use the sideload option on Easy Fire Tools instead of File Manager.
2. Alternatively there is another app that does the same job as Easy Fire Tools. Its called “Apps2Fire“.
3. Toggle Remote Manager in the ES Explorer of Fire stick and open the Ftp link on phone or computer and transfer apk to the internal store of Fire Stick.
I hope this post was helpful to you guys and will assist you in installing any app easily on our fire stick. Let me know in the comments if you face any trouble with the procedure.
Haven’t bought a Fire Tv Stick yet or looking for a HDMI extender to connect the fire stick. Here are the links for the same along with some recommended accessories.
[amazon_link asins=’B01EU2M62S,B071NB4PGV,B0725W7Q38,B01D5H8ZI8|B00ZV9RDKK,B06XCM9LJ4,B01DFKC2SO,B01D5H8ZI8′ template=’CopyOf-ProductGrid’ store=’iamgizmogeek-21|iamgizmogeek-20′ marketplace=’IN|US’ link_id=’e7e79026-b417-11e8-a755-87ce781a9b88′]